Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One for York, and York for One

Caught the last twenty minutes of Richard Lester’s The Four Musketeers on Sauturday. I love that blimmin’ film, and it’s predecessor. In fact, I’m a sucker for most Musketeer-related nonsense, except ‘The Musketeer’, that tres naff shampoo ad released back in 2000, I think. But anyway, I’m a big fan of the books, the strangely faithful Dogtanian iteration, and the Young Guns version from 1994 is rollicking fun too. And I got to play D’Artagnan back in 2002 in panto. So all’s that's left is to realise my dream of adapting Dumas’ entire decade-spanning Musketeer saga in comic form. Until then, here’s a reference-free attempt at the dashingly squashed-faced, leonine 70s crumpet, Michael York, as D’Artagnan. I’m itching to do all four Musketeers, so maybe I can use that as my current non-robot art theme. It’s a bit of a sausage-fest round here though, so any suggestions for a female I can doodle senseless, fire ahead.

You’ve Been Nicked.


Blog York

11 comments:

Stephen Mooney said...

Yeah, but what the hell was with the guy in the bear suit?

Nick said...

Pff! Any film where you leave asking that question, is a successful one in my mind, sir.

Jason Cardy said...

Hey Nick,

sorry this is off topic- my name's Jason Cardy, you may be aware that I've recently coloured some of your work and hope to discuss it with you! Any chance you could drop me an email at jjcardy@hotmail.com?

Cheers, Nick!
Jason

PS. Am going to watch the Boosh Live next month. I haven't read your thoughts on it yet as I didn't want any spoilers!! :)

Wayne said...

When's your Logan's Run mini-series out?

Nick said...

Whenever Marvel come to their senses and give me the call.

Oh, THAT Logan? By next September, preferably...

Nick

Mark don't do nothing said...

Lets see you on some April O Niell Action to get over your Sausage Fest.

Or Baroness is always a welcomed Sight.

Stephen Thompson said...

Oh my God, Nick Roche has a blog?! Why did nobody tell me this before?

Declan Shalvey said...

Yeah, why did i only now find out that THE Nick Roche has a blog? I feel so out of the loop.

Likin' the sketches sir. May i suggest a Rogue sketch to bring up the lady-count?

You've been Decked.

luke f said...

Really loving the bits you`ve posted,Nick.
I`ll put in my two cents and suggest a Catwoman...

Nick said...

Soon, sirs, soon. Having a dickens of a time finishing an issue of Maximum Dinobots, hence the month-plus absence from this, my digital kingdom. A Rogue's a distinct possibility, if only to have something to shove in front of C.B. Cebulski next week. Thanks for dropping by though! I've counted the silverware, so don't try anything 'funny'.

Will Sliney said...

You have a blog? Awesome to the max